Create and deploy a private 4G cellular network anywhere in the world on land, sea or air
VoyagerCell 4G LTE solutions extends cellular communications into austere environments by providing a fully deployable cellular base station that can operate independent of backhaul for reliable operation. Perfect for backpack and hand carry use, VoyagerCell 4G also comes available in a pole/vehicle mount form factor.
- Hand carry and backpack: VoyagerCell 4GAP1000 LTE eNodeB radio node plus core network on VoyagerVM (x86) or VoyagerESR (ARM) platforms housed in Voyager 2 chassis
- Pole and vehicle mount: Voyager 4GAPx LTE eNodeB radio node plus optional colocated VoyagerVMm compute platform housed in IP67 enclosure
- Both solutions available in various bands and power outputs
- Public safety, disaster relief, and emergency response
- Cruise ships and aircraft
- Visit Board Search and Seizure (VBSS)
- Military & intelligence
VoyagerCell 4G backpack/hand carry solution (VoyagerCell 4GAP1000 (bottom) and VoyagerVM (top) housed in a Voyager 2 chassis)))
VoyagerCelll 4GAP1000 module
VoyagerCell 4G pole/vehicle mount solution (VoyagerCell 4GAPx LTE eNodeB (bottom) and optional colocated compute platform (top) housed in IP67 enclosure)))
Klas Telecom’s deployable 4G LTE cellular network solutions support the latest 4G LTE cellular technology and provide the ultimate in modularity and flexibility.
Available in both pole/vehicle mount and “hand carry” form factors, VoyagerCell 4G LTE solutions are available in Band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 14, 17, 20, 21 and 28 (depending on required power output and form factor), and provide a range of 1 km in suburban environments, and up to 2.3 km in open terrain, extendable with fixed/aerial infrastructure. A single VoyagerCell base station supports up to 32 bearers and provides both voice and data service.
Voyager’s modular architecture enables support for multiple simultaneous radio nodes enabling multiband capability and enhanced user density. VoyagerCell 4G radio nodes may be remoted from the core network wirelessly for enhanced coverage and range.
A range of EPCs are available collocated with VPN concentrator, WAN acceleration and VoIP termination.
The VoyagerCell 4GAP100 module is the smallest 1W 4G LTE eNodeB on the market with data throughputs up to 70 Mbps.
Seamless IP integration using Cisco IoS
VoyagerCell 4G solutions leverage the routing and switching features of the virtual Cisco 5921 Embedded Services Router (ESR) on Voyager compute platforms. Utilizing the mature Cisco 5921 ESR platform, as the first hop in the Packet Data Network, VoyagerCell seamlessly integrates with existing IP infrastructure.
Additionally, VoyagerVM is an Intel Core i7 dual & quad-core processing platform supporting VMware ESXi. This flexibility allows Cisco IoS, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Virtual ASA and Riverbed WAN acceleration colocation with an LTE core network
With Voyager, Cisco-trained engineers can deploy cellular as easily as traditional IP networks with minimal additional training.
4GAP1000/4GAPx LTE eNodeB Radio Node Common Specifications
- 3GPP Release 9 compliant eNodeB
- Available in Band 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 14, 17, 20, 21 and 28 (depending on required power output and form factor)
- Supports 32 simultaneous bearers
- 5,10, 20 MHz channel bandwidth
- Clock synchronization using GPS, IEEE 1588 PTP
- UE location reporting for map-based monitoring
- CPRI interface to drive pole-mounted Remote Radio Head
- Cisco-like configuration interface
- Quick-deployment option using Voyager Ignition Key
VoyagerCell 4GAP1000 LTE eNodeB Radio Node Specific
Integrated 1W 30 dBm amplifier with up to 1 km suburban range
SISO with continuous Network Listen for best RF performance
70 Mbps DL / 30 Mbps UL
7.4” W x 6.3” L x 2” H (188 x 160 x 52mm)
3.5 Ib / 1.58 kg
20 W power consumption
VoyagerCell 4GAPx LTE eNodeB Radio Node Specific
- Available in 1, 2 or 5W MIMO configurations
- Up to 150 Mbps DL / 75 Mbps UL
- 10” W x 11.4” L x 5.4” H (255 mm x 290 mm x 136 mm)
- 19.8 lb / 9 kg (without compute module)
- 40 W without compute module
- Sealed IP67 Ingress protection for outdoor use
4G LTE Core Network Specifications on VoyagerVM
VoyagerVM is an Intel Core i7 dual & quad-core processing platform supporting VMWare ESXi. This flexibility allows Cisco IoS, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Virtual ASA and Riverbed WAN Acceleration colocation with an LTE core network. VoyagerVM is the ultimate single-box solution for cellular base station applications.
Complete HSS, MME, P-GW & S-GW on VoyagerVM VMware-based environment
Web-based deployment model
Converged IMS-like infrastructure with SIP/RTP uplink over satellite if required
Configurable via Cisco-like CLI or web interface
Concurrent support for multiple NodeBs and eNodeBs
S1 interface towards eNodeB
7.4” W x 6.3” L x 2” H (188 x 160 x 52mm)
3 lb / 1.35 kg (excluding SSDs)