A State of the Art, Multi-Enclave Chassis
A single Voyager 8 system can support up to four secure network enclaves, hundreds of users, and be stacked to form a company command post or higher echelon network support package.
The award-winning Voyager 8 is a carbon fiber, airline carry-on-size transit case with a rack-mountable chassis that can host up to four secure network enclaves with HAIPEs, or be configured as a high port density, single enclave system. It provides uninterruptible power for up to eight Voyager network modules, or up to four secure network enclaves, with wide-ranging AC and DC power input. The chassis is housed in a carbon fiber transit case that meets airline carry-on-on size requirements. Modules are severable, may be independently battery backed, and are able to be remotely powered from the Voyager 8 chassis.
Voyager 8 systems can be stacked to form a company command post or higher echelon network support package. Further, for Command and Control On the Move (C2OTM), airborne en route or other rackmount environments, the Voyager 8 chassis can be removed from the case and mounted in a standard 19″ rack.
Tactical Radio Integration Kit (TRIK)
Integrate Harris AN/PRC 117G, Harris AN/PRC 152, Thales AN/PRC 148 MBITR, L-3 Tactical Network Rover and other tactical radios into your route, switch and compute network and charge and power them in the same case! The Klas Telecom Voyager 8’s integrated power design and distribution system enables the radios to be seamlessly integrated without increasing size, weight and power (SWaP).View Solution »
Virtualization, Storage and Compute
Never be without your data. Voyager 8 can be utilized to deploy enterprise-grade, high-density compute and storage to tactical environments so that users can bring datacenter applications and services to the field. Voyager 8 enables localized data so as not to have to rely on faulty backhaul and limited bandwidth.Download Brochure »
- 22″ W x 14″ D x 9″ H (559 mm x 356 mm x 229 mm)
- Meets international and U.S. airline carry-on size requirements
- 8 lb / 3.6 kg
- Aerospace-grade, multidirectional carbon fiber for maximum strength
- Hybridized with glass on inside surfaces
- Milled aluminum handles
- O-ring seal around front and rear lids
- Automatic pressure equalization valve
Handles and Wheels
- Retractable extension handle
- Handles on front and rear lid
- Handles on top and bottom of case
- Dual 50 mm cast aluminum wheels
- IP65-rated case
- MIL-STD 810G compliant
- 19″ W x 12.4″ D x 8.8″ H (482 mm x 316 mm x 223 mm)
- 12 lb / 5.4 kg (excluding batteries)
- Each standard BB-2590 battery weighs 2.8 lb / 1.27 kg (Lower capacity BB-2590 batteries available for IATA compliance)
- Aluminum sheet metal
- Milled aluminum latches
- Eight (8) Voyager network module slots (for use with or without Voyager 1 battery attached to modules)
Operating Temperature Range
- 0oC to 50oC
Storage Temperature Range
- Cisco 5915 ESR
- -10oC to 85oC
- 10-36 VDC up to 400 W (25 Amp maximum)
- 90-264 VAC up to 400 W
- 8 x 12 VDC outputs in backplane to power modules
- 8 x 48 VDC outputs in backplane for PoE support
- Optional 2 x AC outputs available when AC input is present (these outlets are not filtered. Please check the powered device for voltage range before using)
- Optional 2 x 12 VDC outputs
- 2 x BB-2590 batteries (available in high capacity for extended operation or lower capacity to comply with IATA regulations)
- Provides 414 Wh energy of backup
Washington, D.C., October 20, 2017 – Klas Telecom’s rugged mobility solutions pass NIAP Common Criteria and are now officially certified for the NSA/CSS CSfC program. .
Washington, DC, July 28, 2017 – Klas Telecom today announced that its Voyager Tactical Data Center (Voyager TDC) has achieved VMware Ready™ status. This designation indicates that after a detailed validation process Voyager TDC has achieved VMware’s highest level of endorsement.
Washington, DC, July 19, 2017 – Klas Telecom announced today a collaboration with Dell EMC OEM Solutions to bring enterprise data center technology to the tactical edge
Herndon, Virginia, May 1, 2017 – Team members from Senators Tim Kaine’s (D-VA) and Mark Warner’s (D-VA) offices toured today a flourishing local communications technology company, Klas Telecom Government, located in Herndon, Virginia.