Ruggedized switch based on Cisco ESS 2020
VoyagerSW24 ruggedizes Cisco’s ESS 2020 switch while adding additonal power features to deliver a highly capable, industry standard product.
VoyagerSW24 increases the user port density on the Voyager system while maintaining the same small size and weight of a standard Voyager module. VoyagerSW24 ruggedizes the Cisco ESS 2020 switch while adding additional power features to deliver a highly capable, industry standard product. The module’s feature set includes 22 Fast Ethernet switch ports, 2 Gigabit uplink ports, and support for 8 IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports.
VoyagerSW24 primary components
- Cisco ESS 2020 base and expansion card
- Klas Telecom power and PoE supply
Cisco ESS 2020 feature set
- LAN Lite and LAN Base Layer 2 switching feature sets
- QoS, DHCP, 802.1x, port security
- SCP, SSH, SNMP v3, TACACS+, RADIUS
- Web Device Manager, SmartPort, Cisco Prime LMS
- Multicast IGMP, IGMP querier
- STP, RSTP, MSTP
- IPv4 static routing, IPv6 host capabilities
- 22 10/100 BaseT Fast Ethernet switch ports, 8 of which are IEEE 802.3at PoE ports
- 2 10/100/1000 BaseT Gigabit uplink port
- 1 RJ-45 console port
- 7.4” W x 6.3” L x 2” H (188 x 160 x 52mm)
- 2.5 Ibs / 1.2kg
- 10-18 VDC Input for operation
- 48 VAC input for PoE must be provided by the Voyager chassis used, where:
■ Voyager 1: provides 10 W of PoE power (48 VDC), sufficient to power one Class 2 PoE phone at 6.25 W each
■ Voyager 2: provides 15 W of PoE power (48 VDC), sufficient to power two Class 2 PoE phones at 6.25 W each
■ Voyager 8: provides 100 W of PoE power (48 VDC), sufficient to power sixteen Class 2 PoE phones at 6.25 W each
- 15W power consumption without PoE. Each PoE port requires additional 8-15W depending on powered device
- Aluminum chassis with integrated cooling for fanless operation
- MIl-STD 810G
- IEC 60529
- Sealed unit with dust caps for extra protection
- -25 to 60C w/ conduction cooling
- -25 to 70C w/ forced air cooling
- -40 to 85C
Washington, D.C., October 20, 2017 – Klas Telecom’s rugged mobility solutions pass NIAP Common Criteria and are now officially certified for the NSA/CSS CSfC program. .
Washington, DC, July 28, 2017 – Klas Telecom today announced that its Voyager Tactical Data Center (Voyager TDC) has achieved VMware Ready™ status. This designation indicates that after a detailed validation process Voyager TDC has achieved VMware’s highest level of endorsement.
Washington, DC, July 19, 2017 – Klas Telecom announced today a collaboration with Dell EMC OEM Solutions to bring enterprise data center technology to the tactical edge
Herndon, Virginia, May 1, 2017 – Team members from Senators Tim Kaine’s (D-VA) and Mark Warner’s (D-VA) offices toured today a flourishing local communications technology company, Klas Telecom Government, located in Herndon, Virginia.