The Voyager Tactical Data Center (Voyager TDC) is the first and only solution in the market to deploy an enterprise-grade compute and data storage network, complete with a 10 Gbps tactical switch, 110 mm NVMe, UPS and enough storage to run industry-leading virtualized cloud storage platforms, in the size of an airline carry-on rollaway case.
Voyager TDC transforms data center operations at the extreme network edge by replacing loads of equipment with a single case that is easy to deploy; simplifies logistics, transportation and operations; and ultimately lowers cost of ownership for customers.
Users no longer have to rely on bandwidth-constrained SATCOM links to reach back into a data center for processing large amounts of data collected in the field. Voyager TDC stores, analyzes, disseminates and replicates high volumes of data locally for more timely intelligence and faster decision making during an operation.Download Brochure »
Reduce Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) and Lower Cost of Ownership
Voyager TDC replaces heavy loads of equipment and is easy to transport and doesn’t require dedicated military air for transport. Voyager TDC also guarantees your communications will be there when you need it. Voyager TDC saves time, money and resources, lowering cost of ownership for customers.
Voyager TDC Solution Overview
- Nonproprietary, standards-based commercial off-the-shelf (SCOTS)
- Carry-on form factor
- 12-port tactical 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Up to 512 GB RAM and 32 physical cores (four compute blades each with Intel® Xeon® D 8-core processor, 10 Gbps networking and 128 GB RAM)
- Up to 16 removable 2.5” SATA SSDs per system
- NVMe M.2 PCI Express slot available on each Voyager TDC Blade
- AC/DC power input, built-in UPS and integrated battery backup
- MIL-STD-810G certified
- IP67 rated with lids on
Software-Defined Storage (SDS)
Designed for hyperconverged storage and cloud infrastructure platforms including Cisco HyperFlex, NetApp ONTAP, Nutanix Acropolis and VMware vSAN.
- VMware® vSAN™ certified
- Nutanix certified
- Only tactical 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch on the market (10 Gbps networking required for enterprise-grade data processing)
- Each blade contains one NVMe M.2 PCI Express card slot that supports 110 mm enterprize-grade NVMe
- Voyager TDC Sled installed in an easily transportable, airline carry-on size Voyager 8 transit case and chassis
- System can be rack mounted using removable chassis
- Sled takes power from Voyager 8 chassis with built-in UPS, power distribution and single phase AC and DC power
- Multiple supported and tested software-defined storage architectures: Nutanix Acropolis, VMware vSAN, NetApp ONTAP Select, OpenStack with other architectures validated on request
- Removable configuration and storage with Voyager Ignition Key (VIK)
- Enables collection, storage, replication, and mirroring to the enterprise large volumes of data such as mapping and imagery files. Additionally, teams in the field can access required data and services without having to rely on often-times expensive, limited or faulty bandwidth
- Perfect for denied communications environments
- Seamlessly interoperates with all Voyager platforms to include multi-enclave baseband networking, radio cross-banding, Wi-Fi/cellular tethering, deployable 4G LTE networks, and more
Modular and Scalable
Voyager’s modular and scalable design provides unparalleled flexibility. Systems stack for increased compute and storage. Voyager TDC supports any sized team, multiple deployment platforms, and ground, sea and air operations. Voyager TDC has a removable chassis for mounting in a standard 19″ rack.
Purpose-Built for the Tactical Environment
- Certified to meet MIL-STD-810G methods 500, 501, 502, 506, 507, 510, 514, 516 and 521
- IP67 rated with lids on
- FCC part 15 B
- CE compliant
- Rapid set up
- Easily transportable
- Minimal training
- Industrial-grade components
A Common System Across All Deployments
Voyager is the only complete tactical networking solution in the market that can provide enterprise-grade compute and storage along with SATCOM multi-enclave baseband networking, deployable 4G LTE networks, land mobile radio integration and more in a common, interoperable platform.
Make a Smart Investment in the Future, Today
Klas Telecom protects our customers investments by providing solutions with flexible, modular architectures that allow for addition of future technology and growth with minimal impact to existing infrastructure.