Core-i7 server module with VMWare support
Klas Telecom’s VoyagerVM platform meets the need to push applications and services forward to the dismount soldier and comes in the same small form factor that is standard across all Voyager networking modules.
In the tactical communications market, virtualization technologies have changed the deployment models of many common server-based applications. The availability of software routing solutions such as Cisco CSR 1000V, call management technologies like Cisco Unified Communications Manager, and WAN acceleration technologies such as Cisco WAAS, Citrix WANscaler and Riverbed Steelhead as virtual machines has provided considerable ability to maximize hardware resources in tactical applications.
Klas Telecom’s VoyagerVM platform meets the need to push applications and services forward to the dismount soldier and comes in the same small form factor that is standard across all Voyager networking modules. It is based on a common carrier board with an expanded set of physical interfaces demanded for tactical operations, such as Ethernet, console, DisplayPort/HDMI and removable solid-state storage. This solution provides the optimum performance within SWaP constraints for an austere environment while positioning critical resources local to the point of use.
VoyagerVM provides either a dual or quad core 3rd Gen Intel Core i7 virtualization server module offering multi-user secure enclave communications and applications. It supports full Cisco IoS routing using Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000v or Cisco 5921 ESR. VoyagerVM can simultaneously host full acceleration suites while hosting other network services locally on the disadvantaged side of a SATCOM link.
Klas Telecom has successfully deployed the following partner solutions on the VoyagerVM:
- Cisco IPICS
- Twisted Pair Wave
- Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM)
- Haivision Kraken
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- VidyoGateway and VidyoRouter
- Absio Secure Messaging Gateway
- 7.4” W x 6.3” L x 2” H (188 x 160 x 52mm)
- 3 lb / 1.35 kg
- 10-18 VDC Input
- 48 VDC input for PoE must be provided by the Voyager chassis used, where:
- Voyager 1: provides 10 W of PoE power (48 VDC), sufficient to power one Class 2 PoE phone at 6.25 W each
- Voyager 2: provides 15 W of PoE power (48 VDC), sufficient to power two Class 2 PoE phones at 6.25 W each
- Voyager 8: provides 100 W of PoE power (48 VDC), sufficient to power sixteen Class 2 PoE phones at 6.25 W each
■ 2610UE (Dual Core) = 34 W (without PoE)
■3612QE (Quad Core) = 45 W (without PoE)
NOTE: Each PoE port requires an additional 8 – 15 W
depending on the device being powered.
- Aluminum chassis with integrated cooling for fan-less operation
- External fan for increased cooling and increased temperature range
Operating Temperature range
- -25 to 60 °C (for dual core CPU)
- -25 to 50 °C (for quad core CPU)
Storage Temperature range
- -30 to 85 °C
- 6x 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet interfaces including two with IEEE 802.3af PoE
- 2x SATA interfaces
- 2x USB 2.0 interfaces
- 2x USB 3.0 interfaces
- RJ-45 console port with hypervisor access
- Voyager Ignition Key (VIK) optional removable storage for hypervisor and/or configration data
- DisplayPort++ for digital audio and video (HDMI, DVI and VGA supported via adapters)
COM Express module support
- Kontron ETXexpress-SC COM Express Basic Type 6
- Intel® Core™ i7-2610UE (2x 1.5 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-3612QE (4 x 2.1 GHz)
- 8 or 16 GB DDR3 options
- 2x 2.5” SATA SSD
- Available in capacities up to 1 TB each
- Voyager Ignition Key (VIK)
- BIOS & Hypervisor CLI over console
- IPMI / Intel AMT
Washington, D.C., October 20, 2017 – Klas Telecom’s rugged mobility solutions pass NIAP Common Criteria and are now officially certified for the NSA/CSS CSfC program. .
Washington, DC, July 28, 2017 – Klas Telecom today announced that its Voyager Tactical Data Center (Voyager TDC) has achieved VMware Ready™ status. This designation indicates that after a detailed validation process Voyager TDC has achieved VMware’s highest level of endorsement.
Washington, DC, July 19, 2017 – Klas Telecom announced today a collaboration with Dell EMC OEM Solutions to bring enterprise data center technology to the tactical edge
Herndon, Virginia, May 1, 2017 – Team members from Senators Tim Kaine’s (D-VA) and Mark Warner’s (D-VA) offices toured today a flourishing local communications technology company, Klas Telecom Government, located in Herndon, Virginia.